Generation Solar is a leader in sustainable energy solutions. We design, supply, install, and service solar electric and solar water heating technologies for commercial and residential applications.
Ontario Micro Feed in Tariff (MicroFIT) program: Solar for home owners
As part of the Green Energy Act, the Ontario Power Authority has implemented a Feed In Tariff (FIT) program, that pays a premium price for green electricity produced by home and business owners. Be sure to check out our FAQ, and contact us to learn how to make the FIT work for you.
Project Capacity Still Available for Ontario MicroFIT
Get your applications in now, folks, as there are only a few MegaWatts left at the current MicroFIT price of 54.9cents/kWh for residential rooftop solar energy systems.
PV String Sizing and MicroFIT 2.0
With the 10kW cap on array sizing in MicroFIT 2.0, new constraints are put on PV array design that will affect your system performance.
Buy Local for Best Solar Service
A solar energy system represents one of the largest capital investments you're likely to make in your lifetime. They're good investments, they're very robust, and they're low maintenance. Nevertheless, they can, periodically, require the attention of a qualified service technician. If you want high quality, responsive service to support your investment, be sure to work with a local solar contractor.
New FIT Rates Announced!!
The Ministry of Energy has announced the results of their FIT and MicroFIT review. The report includes a number of recommendations that will affect future contracts, including changes to the FIT price structure and project eligibility criteria.
No News is No News
The Canadian Solar Industries Association (CanSIA) has released an update regarding the Ontario Feed-In-Tariff review that is underway.
- Again, we very much appreciate your generosity in taking time to help us out. If you ever need testimonials, don't hesitate to contact us, we would contribute high praise of your firm and the competence of both you and JP.
- Thanks for your dedication & leading experience.
- Yesterday, we had the worst wind storm off the lake we have ever seen here - lots of tree limbs down and an entire tree across the street was uprooted and landed on our neighbour's house. Wind gusts in excess of 100 km, easily. As you know our property gets the unsheltered brunt of wind off the lake, but the solar system was fine. Thanks for making the system secure against high winds!
- Communication was key and G.S. was excellent at keeping in touch. I would highly recommend the company. They were prompt and professional. Thank you.
- Very helpful people -- excellent service all around!.
- Hi Simon, I just wanted to say officially that it was a pleasure having the guys here. They worked steady and were always friendly and pleasant. The job looks great. The alignment on the panels, which I can imagine would be extremely difficult to keep nice and straight, looks great. The wiring, conduit and layout of the inverters and boxes is very neat as well as the stuff on the pole. And they cleaned up after themselves at the end of it all.
- Nice job and good bunch of guys too!
- They always called ahead and explained what they were doing.
- Their accessibility, personability, professionalism, honesty and their ability to complete the work on time with the pressure on. Wish we has more sub trades like this.