Generation Solar is a leader in sustainable energy solutions. We design, supply, install, and service solar electric and solar water heating technologies for commercial and residential applications.
Ontario Micro Feed in Tariff (MicroFIT) program: Solar for home owners
As part of the Green Energy Act, the Ontario Power Authority has implemented a Feed In Tariff (FIT) program, that pays a premium price for green electricity produced by home and business owners. Be sure to check out our FAQ, and contact us to learn how to make the FIT work for you.
*Who* do you want to work with?
Who do you want to hire to work on your solar project? If you answered with a company name you'd be quite typical; companies are generally afforded the same standing, legally and culturally, as individuals. But companies aren't individuals; they're legal structures. Who are the people behind the company?
FIT and MicroFIT Revisions Announced for Solar in Ontario
In mid August, 2013, the Ontario Power Authority announced expected changes to the FIT and MicroFIT programs, including a new rate schedule and domestic content requirements. This version 3 of the program (ie FIT 3 and MicroFIT 3) breaks a threshold for affordability of solar energy in Ontario.
Ontario FIT and MicroFIT Update May 2013
Well some great news for the FIT and MicroFIT programs was released at the CanSIA spring conference in Niagara Falls. We've got more clarity on what the OPA renewable procurement targets are than we've ever had before and we have good feedback on the FIT 2 application reviews.
Project Capacity Still Available for Ontario MicroFIT
Get your applications in now, folks, as there are only a few MegaWatts left at the current MicroFIT price of 54.9cents/kWh for residential rooftop solar energy systems.
PV String Sizing and MicroFIT 2.0
With the 10kW cap on array sizing in MicroFIT 2.0, new constraints are put on PV array design that will affect your system performance.
- I just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with the system you and your team installed. Things have been running great. Checking the inverter for the daily output has been part of my routine, and I enjoy counting the kW. Thanks so much for all the work, professionalism and guidance on this project. You and your team are great.
- Wanted you to know that Jackson and Geordie were Amazing and very helpful, hard working in the heat. They did an Awesome job and were very tidy, a hot weather bonus is probably in order though they did say they love working for you.
- Again, we very much appreciate your generosity in taking time to help us out. If you ever need testimonials, don't hesitate to contact us, we would contribute high praise of your firm and the competence of both you and JP.
- Thanks for your dedication & leading experience.
- Yesterday, we had the worst wind storm off the lake we have ever seen here - lots of tree limbs down and an entire tree across the street was uprooted and landed on our neighbour's house. Wind gusts in excess of 100 km, easily. As you know our property gets the unsheltered brunt of wind off the lake, but the solar system was fine. Thanks for making the system secure against high winds!
- Communication was key and G.S. was excellent at keeping in touch. I would highly recommend the company. They were prompt and professional. Thank you.
- Very helpful people -- excellent service all around!.
- Hi Simon, I just wanted to say officially that it was a pleasure having the guys here. They worked steady and were always friendly and pleasant. The job looks great. The alignment on the panels, which I can imagine would be extremely difficult to keep nice and straight, looks great. The wiring, conduit and layout of the inverters and boxes is very neat as well as the stuff on the pole. And they cleaned up after themselves at the end of it all.
- Nice job and good bunch of guys too!
- They always called ahead and explained what they were doing.
- Their accessibility, personability, professionalism, honesty and their ability to complete the work on time with the pressure on. Wish we has more sub trades like this.