Residential Preventative Maintenance
While solar energy systems are very low maintenance, it's unwise to ignore them all together. Failure points can often be spotted before they cause trouble, saving hassle, cost, and down-time. In the case of a MicroFIT system, down-time means lost revenue and that can add up.
Generation Solar recommends that your system be inspected every one or two years. We offer 2 kinds of inspections:
Inspection Type 1
- Complete inspection from the ground
- Examination of inverter, connections, and service equipment
- String testing
- Performance evaluation based on available data
- Visual inspection of roof mounted array from the ground and/or from a ladder at the eave
- Report identifying any found problems or issues
Inspection Type 2
- All of Inspection Type 1 plus:
- Detailed array inspection: Spot check fasteners, inspect for rodent damage, weather damage, chafing of exposed wires, accessible connections, junction boxes, etc.
- Includes remediation of any basic issues accessible from the array edges
- Does not include removal of modules, assumes the array is accessible by ladder
$120 + travel and HST
$210 + travel and HST
Travel costs are assessed as follows: Within 25 km of Peterborough: No charge. Otherwise $.50/km + 75% of the hourly rate of the travelers. Time and distance are based on Google Maps, door to door.
- Any required corrective maintenance that can be performed with tools and materials on hand within the time allocated for the inspection will be performed.
- Any additional required corrective maintenance will be performed subject to owner approval and based on the Generation Solar Rate Card valid at the time of the service visit.
- Maintenance visit fee includes small materials up to $10 (clips, ties, string fuses, etc.)
Call us now to schedule your preventative maintenance visit. 1-877-747-6527
- It has been a great pleasure working with you, the project has gone very smoothly. We are very pleased and we look forward to continuing our relationship with you over the next 20 years as we generate power.
- I was a great relief to find Generation Solar, after having numerous unpleasant dealings with my initial installer. Their responsiveness and professionalism were top notch. They represented me in dealings with my equipment manufacturer over a warranty issue and produced results that I don't feel I could have on my own. Most importantly, they did what they said they would and kept me informed every step of the way. I would not hesitate recommending Generation Solar and look forward to a continued relationship with them.
- I just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with the system you and your team installed. Things have been running great. Checking the inverter for the daily output has been part of my routine, and I enjoy counting the kW. Thanks so much for all the work, professionalism and guidance on this project. You and your team are great.
- Wanted you to know that Jackson and Geordie were Amazing and very helpful, hard working in the heat. They did an Awesome job and were very tidy, a hot weather bonus is probably in order though they did say they love working for you.