The Ontario building code requires a building permit for any roof mounted solar array >5 sq m in size. This is basically anything larger than 2 or 3 panels.
Permit fees and requirements vary by municipality.
One thing that is common in all municipalities, however, is the need for a structural evaluation by a licensed Professional Engineer.
If you are buying your solar energy system from Generation Solar we will take care of all permits and inspections for you.
You may also like
- World Energy Outlook 2020: ‘Solar… The new king of electricity’ Read Article
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Solar Panels But Were Afraid to Ask. Read Article
- Inverter Warranties Read Article
- A Guide to Solar Energy System Costs Read Article
- What maintenance is required for solar electric systems? Read Article